Extra programs for Red Hat

Hello all,
This topic was discussed, but in a way of including some favorite
programs in official distribution. My suggestion is different.

Let's face it, due to licencing issues some programs, especially
multimedia ones, would probably never be included in the official
release.

This is very serious though, regarding the spread of popularity for Red
Hat (redhat.com people, pay attention). I find very hard to deal with
the serious lack of these programs. This is where likes of Mandrake get
a room for monouvering, and gain points easily. This has not been a
problem for me (thanks Saou :)), but people I would like to try Red Hat
are not so keen going onto the Internet to get programs other already
have (plus they are used to have it out of the box with Windows, etc.).

I understood that by separating product lines with the introduction of
Enterprise Linux, both Workstation and Server, this free version will
get wings, correct me if I am wrong.

Back to licencing. All right, they don't need to be included in official
release, but, hey, can something be worked out here? Some EXTRA ISO,
"unofficial", or something?

Also, go take a look at Mandrake integrated RPM installer from the
Control Center. One can just type in the name of a program, and if not
included in the release, the agent will try to find it on the Net
(freshrpms.net, for example).

This is all for the best of Red Hat. Or am I terribly wrong in
something?
--
Igor Nestorovic
University of Belgrade