Re: Extra programs for Red Hat

Igor Nestoroviæ said:
> Hello all,
> This topic was discussed, but in a way of including some favorite
> programs in official distribution. My suggestion is different.
>
> Let's face it, due to licencing issues some programs, especially
> multimedia ones, would probably never be included in the official
> release.
[snip]
> Back to licencing. All right, they don't need to be included in official
> release, but, hey, can something be worked out here? Some EXTRA ISO,
> "unofficial", or something?

What would be the difference in distributing it with the release and
distributing it as an "extra ISO"?  You are still distributing the
software and are just as muddied with the license issues as you always
were.

As others have pointed out, there are different websites springing up to
fill this perceived "gap", so what is the issue?  I would prefer Red Hat
do what it thinks is right to keep themselves out of lawsuits.

--
William Hooper