Re: Print to PDF file?

Jason (Jed) Krisch said:
> Is there a way to set up a PDF printer for the local machine to use?  I
> have tried both of the links in this post:
>
> https://listman.redhat.com/archives/shrike-list/2003-May/msg01600.html
>
> and neither one works for me.

As a follow up I posted mentioned, the second link
(http://slowest.net/docs/howtos/print/freepdf.html) works fine for me
after changing the output path from "/users/$username/PDF" to
"/home/$username/PDF".  The only other issue is the PDF files come out
owned by root, but I haven't bother to attack that one yet.  Where are you
having trouble?

> I just want to easily be able to print to a printer that creates PDFs
> instead of relying on ps2pdf and going to the console.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jed

Well,  everything is going to rely on ps2pdf.  The just put a wrapper on
it so it looks like a regular printer.

--
William Hooper