Re: Print to PDF file?

Actually, after changing the same setting in the file, the Test Page
from the web-based manager works fine and writes to "Test Page.PDF".
However, (and I may be doing things wrong) I cannot get the printer to
show up in the RH Printer Settings tool, only in QT-Cups.  While this
makes sense, I can't find any apps that use the QT-Cups print
dialog.

If I use lp -dPDF-PRINTER for the print command in apps (i.e. Mozilla),
the file shows up but it is named as "(stdin).PDF" - which will also
overwrite any previous files with the same name.

Finally, I am using Cross Over office for all my office apps and the
printers in the redhat-config-printer-gui show up as printers in the MS
Office apps, but the PDF-PRINTER does not.

Thanks for your help!!!

Jed

Jason (Jed) Krisch said:
> Is there a way to set up a PDF printer for the local machine to use?
> have tried both of the links in this post:
>
> https://listman.redhat.com/archives/shrike-list/2003-May/msg01600.html
>
> and neither one works for me.

As a follow up I posted mentioned, the second link
(http://slowest.net/docs/howtos/print/freepdf.html) works fine for me
after changing the output path from "/users/$username/PDF" to
"/home/$username/PDF".  The only other issue is the PDF files come out
owned by root, but I haven't bother to attack that one yet.  Where are
you
having trouble?

> I just want to easily be able to print to a printer that creates PDFs
> instead of relying on ps2pdf and going to the console.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jed

Well,  everything is going to rely on ps2pdf.  The just put a wrapper on
it so it looks like a regular printer.

--
William Hooper