Re: Print to PDF file?

Jason (Jed) Krisch said:
> Actually, after changing the same setting in the file, the Test Page
> from the web-based manager works fine and writes to "Test Page.PDF".
> However, (and I may be doing things wrong) I cannot get the printer to
> show up in the RH Printer Settings tool, only in QT-Cups.  While this
> makes sense, I can't find any apps that use the QT-Cups print
> dialog.

I tried the suggestion made by Tim Waugh, but that doesn't seem to pull it
into the RH tool.  Maybe a RFE in bugzilla is in order?

> If I use lp -dPDF-PRINTER for the print command in apps (i.e. Mozilla),
> the file shows up but it is named as "(stdin).PDF" - which will also
> overwrite any previous files with the same name.

This appears to be because the script sets the file name to match the job
name.  Maybe you can play with the -t paramater for lp?  You could also
change the script to use something else as the file name (a timestamp for
example).

> Finally, I am using Cross Over office for all my office apps and the
> printers in the redhat-config-printer-gui show up as printers in the MS
> Office apps, but the PDF-PRINTER does not.
>
> Thanks for your help!!!
>
> Jed

I don't use CrossOver Office, but a quick look at the docs says that to
use more than one printer you need to edit the config file:
http://crossover.codeweavers.com/docs/office/html/install.html#PRINT-SETUP

--
William Hooper