Re: Extra programs for Red Hat

M. Fioretti wrote:
On Mon, May 26, 2003 20:55:09 at 08:55:09PM -0400, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live (creed7m3live@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

If Red Hat keeps stripping down their release size and keeps removing the programs that most people want to use.

If Red Hat keeps stripping down their release size and keeps removing
the programs that many of his *current* users want, maybe many more
people who cannot use it now will have an easier time. See my
signature.

You'll need alternative installer programs. Unless you just quit
desiring the dropped programs.

Red Hat needs a more sophisticated system to update and fetch stuff
from online repositories, all right. This, however, is an objective
issue which has nothing whatsoever to do with size and composition of
the distro. If Red Hat included all the programs mentioned in this
thread, people whould whine anyway because this and that are not there
anymore.

	  Ciao,
			Marco Fioretti

When a distro has about everything that is needed. Then it keeps getting less complete. You would think that people would be less likely to buy the product.

Using Red Hat, Since version 5.2, for a full-time OS. I have seen many used programs disappear. But it seems that the pace is being too accelerated.

You are correct with the point though. If they included all of the possible open-source programs. Someone would complain about being overwhelmed, by choice, or missing their fav from another distro they used.

I'm glad that there is an apt and many other alternative installation programs. I'll have to go outsode the distro to fnd it. But if they include a usable program within the distribution.I would feel safer about using it.

Jim

It beats echicken2003.

eChicken2003 will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your
important documents, and balance your checkbook - and internet
explorer is an integral part of eChicken.

-- Jacquin's Postulate on Democratic Government: No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.