Re: Redhat mail-spam RBL block of *@rogers.com valid users

On Friday 25 April 2003 10:31 am, Jesse Keating wrote:

> Once again, I ask you, waiting for a clear answer.  Does your ISP
> explicitly allow you to run an incoming/outgoing SMTP server off your
> DHCP'd address? Not blocking the port isn't enough.  My isp doesn't
> block the port, but their AUP clearly states that I cannot run any
> server of any kind while using their service.

Can't speak for anyone else, but my broadband provider alows me to run a
server.  I asked in advance.  It seems they don't mind mind having a
little less load on their server.

Now a question... not a complaint, but a question.

I have several email acounts provided by different ISP's.  Work,
broadband at home, dailup at home, and a hosting provider.  How can I
send mail using my broadband providers smtp from any and all of these
accounts?   In the past (and it has been a while since I tried it), I
got a 'relaying not allowed' type of response.  For instance, when I'm
at home, and I need to respond to work related emails and mail-list
using my work account.  I want them to see my work email address, not
one of my personal ones from another provider.

Thanks
Doug