Re: RH9 -- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 17:29, Colburn wrote:

> I stated very clearly that IT WORKED the first time.
>
> That means that there is NOT a conflict between RH9 and my hardware, it
> is obviously a problem with RH9 failing to recognize the exact same
> hardware from one clean load to the next.

	No, it means that you likely have a HW problem in RAM or maybe with the
system board.  These kind of problems will manifest themselves like you
describe...  Sometimes it works 100% and sometimes it craps out.  No
pattern, no logic, no reason.

> The knee-jerk tendency to blame the user is a M$ attitude -- it is
> unwelcome in the Linux world.

	Man, you need to check your attitude at the door.  Mr. Bowling's
comment about "worthless hyperbolic invective" was, while a little
acerbic, still accurate.  You made a comment that was unnecessary and
inflammatory which could only be intended to antagonize members of this
list.  If you are having trouble or requesting assistance it's better to
not make insults.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.