Re: Procmail and Spamassassin

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 18:04, Rick Johnson wrote:

> Here's a stupid question - you're using procmail as your MDA from Postfix,
> correct (vs. mail or something else)

I think that I have been wrongly assuming - in part because the Red Hat
Linux 9 Reference seemed to imply it - that postfix did that out of the
box (used procmail for delivery). But reading through the postfix FAQ in
/usr/share/docs it seems that that is not the case.

> [...] From next msg
>
> > I just created an /etc/procmailrc file and moved ~/.procmail and
> > spamassassin is still not getting invoked. I think postfix isn't invoking
> > procmail. Are you running postfix?
>
> We're using sendmail here, and procmail is the MDA. If you can manage to
> configure Postfix to use procmail as well, you're in good shape. I've seen
> spamassassin and procmail "howto's" somewhere along the line, so it can be done.

Apparently using procmail as MDA introduces "issues" for postfix. I'm
giving up on procmail. I'll just set a filter in evolution to call spamc
instead.

Thanks for the help.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com