Re: Procmail and Spamassassin

On 4/10/2003 9:17 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
>> Do you want to just filter your mail or everyone's mail? I'm calling
>> mine from /etc/procmailrc in the same fashion:
>
> I was just setting up for myself as I'm the only user of the machine.
> (Also I thought that was more secure.)

With dropprivs, it's 6 one way, half dozen the other IMHO.

> I'm not sure, but I think you want to precede that line with
> DROPPRIVS=yes to prevent tainting.

Correct - for my purposes it was done in spamassassin-spamc.rc, however it
could just as easily be placed inside the master procmailrc.

>> Do you have logging enabled in Procmail?
> I don't think so. How do enable logging in Procmail?

LOGFILE=<path-to-logfile> (i.e. /var/log/procmail)

>> That and check your maillog inside /var/log for more clues.
> The only stuff in /var/log/maillog is postfix's usual stuff. No mention
> of procmail or spamassassin, and no errors.

Here's a stupid question - you're using procmail as your MDA from Postfix,
correct (vs. mail or something else)

[...] From next msg

> I just created an /etc/procmailrc file and moved ~/.procmail and
> spamassassin is still not getting invoked. I think postfix isn't invoking
> procmail. Are you running postfix?

We're using sendmail here, and procmail is the MDA. If you can manage to
configure Postfix to use procmail as well, you're in good shape. I've seen
spamassassin and procmail "howto's" somewhere along the line, so it can be done.

HTH,
-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.