Re: Procmail and Spamassassin

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 17:04, Rick Johnson wrote:

> Do you want to just filter your mail or everyone's mail? I'm calling mine
> from /etc/procmailrc in the same fashion:

I was just setting up for myself as I'm the only user of the machine.
(Also I thought that was more secure.)

> INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-spamc.rc

I'm not sure, but I think you want to precede that line with
DROPPRIVS=yes to prevent tainting.

> That, combined with having the spamassassin service running (spamd), this
> will filter all mail through the system, not just your own. Doing the same
> inside ~/.procmailrc should filter just your own.

spamd is definitely running:

# /sbin/service spamassassin status
spamd (pid 3570) is running...

> Do you have logging enabled in Procmail?

I don't think so. How do enable logging in Procmail?

> That and check your maillog inside
> /var/log for more clues.

The only stuff in /var/log/maillog is postfix's usual stuff. No mention
of procmail or spamassassin, and no errors.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com