Re: Procmail and Spamassassin

On 4/10/2003 6:46 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> I think that I might be being a complete idiot here, but I've never used
> procmail before. The only reason I am trying to use it is because it
> looks like the easiest way to use Spamassassin.
>
> I am running postfix, fetchmail and evolution. The spamassassin daemon
> starts up at boot. I created a .procmailrc file like this:
>
> # begin ~/.procmailrc
> INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-spamc.rc
> # end ~/.procmailrc
>
> But no X-Spam headers are being added to any of my mail. I presume that
> I have to do more than just create a .procmailrc file to get procmail to
> work, but what?

Do you want to just filter your mail or everyone's mail? I'm calling mine
from /etc/procmailrc in the same fashion:

INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-spamc.rc

That, combined with having the spamassassin service running (spamd), this
will filter all mail through the system, not just your own. Doing the same
inside ~/.procmailrc should filter just your own.

Do you have logging enabled in Procmail? That and check your maillog inside
/var/log for more clues.

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.