Re: Changing reolustion without X

Ed Wilts wrote:
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:01:36AM -0500, Thomas Dodd wrote:
It's there because you wanted to know if it would fallback if I told it
to use an obvious wrong chip.  When --set-driver is used, X doesn't
start (by default).  I thought that's what you wanted.  I can retest and
see if rh-cfg-xf can be told to start X anyway.

That's differnet form what I saw. when I ram rh-cfg-xf it seamed to try to start X, just not doing a vt switch. So when I ran it on the C&T based system, but told it --set-driver=r128, I got a message about trying VESA instead. It then wrote a config file. Now I don't remeber what was in it. I could rerun to see...

I never actullay started X then. I jsut looked at the XF86Config it created.

I think there's an option to tell anaconda to use vesa instead of native XF86 drivers. There's always the text mode install.

The text mode install is how I got it installed in the first place.  I'm
assuming I'm still in the queue for Mike to look at.  Maybe after he

I'm sure he will. Just depends on the other bugs he has to work on. Now that Shrike is out he'll have lots of bugs to go over, many with no info or user error taht basically waste his time.

I think he said he was going to ask the official, XFree86 savage driver maintainer about it.

-Thomas