Re: Red Hat 9

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 16:36, Kevin Waterson wrote:

> I am curious as to how the updates will be released?
> As this is open source, surely the source code must
> be available to all.
> How will this be handled?
>
> eg: If I have a 7.3 installation and the errata stops
> for public release. How then can updates be limited to
> paying customers only if the source code must be available
> under the GPL?

	The fixes will always be available, it is Software Libre.  However, RH
will only build and Q&A the fixes for the Enterprise systems.  You
always able to keep your systems updated (I know people still running RH
4.2 systems) but you have to do all the work of finding, building and
installing the fixes.

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.