Re: Red Hat 9

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 18:29, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
> You cannot expect a
> company or joe user to upgrade their operating system every year
> (which is now necessary given the 12 month limit on bug/security
> fixes).

You also cannot expect Red Hat to provide errata forever on a product
that our users get either for free or in a $40 box.

Creating and releasing errata costs developer time, QA time,
documentation time, and RHN/FTP bandwidth.  Some people seem to be under
the impression that our cost of doing errata is zero, but it just isn't
so.  Our resources are not infinite, so we're going to do longer errata
support for the products that customers pay more for.

Cheers,
   Brent