Re: Red Hat 9

This one time, at band camp,
Brent Fox <bfox@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Creating and releasing errata costs developer time, QA time,
> documentation time, and RHN/FTP bandwidth.  Some people seem to be under
> the impression that our cost of doing errata is zero, but it just isn't
> so.  Our resources are not infinite, so we're going to do longer errata
> support for the products that customers pay more for.

I whole heartedly agree

I am curious as to how the updates will be released?
As this is open source, surely the source code must
be available to all.
How will this be handled?

eg: If I have a 7.3 installation and the errata stops
for public release. How then can updates be limited to
paying customers only if the source code must be available
under the GPL?

Kind regards
Kevin

--