Re: Bluecur-SE

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 20:38, JD wrote:
> I enter kde, everything's normal, then a few second later the machine
> starts to automount everything like nautilus; then the next thing is my
> KDE desktop gone. And the kde desktop is also gone. Gone is my kde
> theme. Then everything looks exactly like gnome again, even with the
> same icons.
>
> How to disable nautilus or this gnome desktop maybe whenever I'm in KDE?
> I think this is RH's attempt to unify the appearance of the desktops, am
> I right?

In order to get to a straight KDE desktop I did 2 things. First was to
run switchdesk in a terminal, log out, then log back in again. Once in I
used the KDE control center from the KDE menu and chose for a theme the
Default theme under Look and Feel/Theme Manager. Once I did that,
everything appears as a normal KDE menu, desktop icons, etc. Nautilus is
no longer running on my machine either, verified with a ps ax, so that
seemed to do the trick for me.

> JD

Regards,

Eric Burke