Re: Choosing and changing a window manager

Joe Klemmer wrote:
On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 12:32, Keith Winston wrote:

If anyone want to make a suggestion as to a good, light-weight manager, I am all ears. :-)
Here is how I switch between Icewm, KDE, and Windowmaker in Red Hat 8.0:

	Why not use the switchdesk utility that's already bundled with RH?
Because switchdesk only lets you switch between Gnome, KDE, Windowmaker and TWM. It does not detect the presense or support other window managers such as Icewm, Blackbox, Fluxbox, Enlightenment, Ratpoison, Afterstep, to name a few.

Also, switchdesk has to be run every time you want to switch, whereas my method is dynamic. You type in a few letters to start the environment you want.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+