Re: Choosing and changing a window manager

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 09:11, Keith Winston wrote:

> Because switchdesk only lets you switch between Gnome, KDE, Windowmaker
> and TWM.  It does not detect the presense or support other window
> managers such as Icewm, Blackbox, Fluxbox, Enlightenment, Ratpoison,
> Afterstep, to name a few.

	Good reason.  I handle this by using gdm (or kdm) and having the
different options in the session selection.  I currently have Xfce,
GNOME, KDE, mwm and vtwm as choices.  I use Xfce 99% of the time but
have the GNOME & KDE for letting others use my system when needed.  mwm
& vtwm are there because I use them on most of my servers and it's
easiest to make menu configuration changes on my laptop then scp the rc
files to the servers.

> Also, switchdesk has to be run every time you want to switch, whereas my
> method is dynamic.  You type in a few letters to start the environment
> you want.

	Heh, you sound like you're almost as lazy as I am.  ;-)

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, 'Dragon Ball'