Re: evolution 1.2 rpm for 8.0

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 13:04, Neil Loffhagen wrote:
> Also, there are three files in your set that are not in mine at all:
> oaf-0.6.10-1.i386.rpm
> ORBit-0.5.17-1.i386.rpm
> ORBit-devel-0.5.17-1.i386.rpm
>
> Do you have any idea what these rpms are for?

I think that you might have them installed on your system already.
You can check the info on a package by running:

rpm -qi oaf

(Exchange "oaf" with any other package name)
This will give you some more info on what a package does.

> Also you have no aspell or pspell files that I have.

I've got the ones coming with RH8:

rpm -qa | grep -i spell

aspell-0.33.7.1-16
aspell-sv-1.3.8-2
gnome-spell-0.5-2
pspell-0.12.2-14

If you are missing any of the above, try running "up2date <package
name>" to fetch and install it.

You probably won't need aspell-sv though, it for Swedish spell checking
:)

To turn on spell checking I used (in Evolution)
Tools->Settings->Composer Preferences->Spell Checking and enabled
English and (in my case) Swedish. I also checked the "Check spelling
while I type"-box.

Hope any of this helps.

David