Re: evolution 1.2 rpm for 8.0

Last night also downloaded and this morning installed Evolution 1.2 and
it is faster, particularly when swapping from folder to folder to look
at mail and being able to scroll through a long mail.  I think it also
loads a bit faster at startup, but not by much.

Being a windows user found the install abit frustrsting at times, as it
keep saying I need to install another package first, until finally got
to evolution itself.  So I thought it would help to list the order I
installed the different packages.  This may not be the best way, but it
has seemed to work for me.  The only rhing not wokring is the spell
checking.  When I try to install any of the aspell packages am told
there are already newer versions installed?  Not sure where these newer
versions came from?  Have only the default RH8 packages installed, apart
from extra multimedia stuff.  Anyway I'm off to the Ximian site now to
see if this is a known problem or just my bad luck.

The order of install:
libgal21
gal-devel
libgtkhtml1.1-3.1
gtkhtml1.1devel
libgtkhtml20-1.0.4-6
gtkhtml-devel-1.0.4
gtkhtml1.1-1.1.6-1
soup-0.7.9-1
bonbo-conf
evolution

Then tried to install evolution-pilot, but seems to hang after a short
while, and loking at Resounce mnoitor it shows it as sleeping.

Hope some of this helps other who don't want to wait until it all
appears through RHN.

Thanks,

Neil
07973 206168