Re: evolution 1.2 rpm for 8.0

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 12:13, Neil Loffhagen wrote:
> Being a windows user found the install abit frustrsting at times, as it
> keep saying I need to install another package first, until finally got
> to evolution itself.  So I thought it would help to list the order I
> installed the different packages.  This may not be the best way, but it
> has seemed to work for me.

You might try installing all the necessary rpm:s at the same time, i.e.
like this:
rpm -Uvh evolution-1.2.rpm libgal21.rpm gal-devel.rpm blah.rpm and so on

That's also the (or at least one) way to handle circular dependencies,
should you encounter such a thing.

It would be great if redhat-config-packages had a way to select multiple
files from disk and then install them. If an unmet dependency arises it
would be great if the app prompted the user for the missing package(s)
instead of just showing an error message.

Also, spell checking works great for me. Maybe I'm using different rpms.

I got my evo-1.2 rpms from here btw:
http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/evolution/

David