RedHat 8.0 won't see my SCSI Controller

Hi,

Installing RH 8.0 on An ALR Revolution 200mhz 88mb, 4gb scsi disk on
Adaptec 2740 Eisa controller. Install complains that no hard drives were
found. I've tried selecting from a list of drivers and from a driver
disk. The install keeps the floppy drive light on (floppy boot, won't
autoboot from cd) and won't see the driver disk. When I select from the
list of drivers the installer gives me, I can choose from the Adaptec
AHA-2740, etc. (aic7xxx) or the Old Adaptec 28xx, etc (aic7xxx_old). I
get a window that says "Loading aic7xxx driver" or "Loading aic7xxx_old
driver", but it finds no devices. I tried installing 7.1 and finally was
able to load the driver after selecting the install method: 'boot: linux
noprobe text dd'. (I also have a video controller issue). On 8.0 the
noprobe dd options don't do me any good because the installer never
releases the floppy drive (the drive light stays on all the time) so
that it will recognize the driver disk.

I'd appreciate a bit of wisdom here.

Thanks,
Joe Trent