Re: Install on Adaptec 2740 - No hard drives found

Another update

I'm booting from the floppy, as this machine won't boot from the cd. The
light on the diskette never goes off and the install program won't see
the driver diskette. I'm assuming that the boot floppy is mounted or
something and it's not unmounting it so I can change diskettes. When
prompted to insert the driver disk and hit ok, the drive never reads the
diskette, at least it doesn't make any sound. It works the same if I
enter "linux dd" at the boot prompt, it just happens earlier in the
install process.

Help, Mr. Wizard.

Thanks,
Joe Trent