Re: key repeat stops on Psyche

>>>>> Wade wrote:

Wade> 2.  I synced my clock with time-a.nist.gov using rdate (can't ntp
Wade>      due to firewall), then did /sbin/hwclock --systohc.

Wade> 3.  After this, my key repeat was broken (tested with mozilla and the
Wade>      shell).

I have similar experience due to that I have to set the time manually
when I boot (RH8.0). (I'm trying to find the cause of this but still I
have to fall back to the work around to set it manually.)

My conclusion however is that X doesn't like when the time is set a
few hours away from where it was when X was started. Maybe because it
is done in one step. Not only the key repeat is broken but also other
X-events behave strange.

Restarting X fixes these problems.

Yours
--