Re: What happened to Xconfigurator?

>>>>> "s" == steveo  <steveo@syslang.net> writes:

s> I noticed that it seems to be gone from 8.0 and the config file
s> that I ended up with from the install is not XF86Config-4. Instead
s> i got XF86Config.

Xconfigurator is gone, replaced by redhat-config-xfree86 which is
nicer for some things but not so nice for others.  (I used to fire up
Xconfigurator logged in remotely just to redetect a monitor or change
resolution.  That's still possible but not nearly as simple now.)

The X config file is now just XF86Config.  Since Red Hat ditched the
old XFree86 3.3 support, there's no need to have a separate config
file for version 4.

Both of these changes are documented in the release notes.  You should
read them.

 - J<