Re: Sony USB Camera Access Problem

Phil Lambert wrote:
> My issue is that when I plug my camera in it appears to conflict with my
> cdrom.  My cdrom is a Hitachi DVD/CDRW IDE device but uses a scsi driver

What makes you think that? Did you tell it to?

> I believe.  Anyway when I plug my camera in, I get the automount to work
> with /dev/sda1  /mnt/camera auto  noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0  appearing in
> my fstab. But I cannot actually access the camera, also if I power off

ls -l /dev/cdrom ? What is it pointing to?
CDroms are not /dev/sd? they are /dev/scdX.

The camera should be sda, if you have no other scsi decices.

What does 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' show when the camer is plugged in?

Try these:
/sbin/scsi_info /dev/sg0
/sbin/scsi_info /dev/sg1
/sbin/scsi_info /dev/scd0
/sbin/scsi_info /dev/sda

> the camera then my cdrom entry disappears, then powering camera back on
> causes the return of my cdrom mount statement.  But then I cannot access
> the cdrom. I am guessing that I need to assign my camera to sda2 or
> something of that nature but I do not know how to do this.  Any insight
> is greatly appreciated. Below is a listing of my fstab without the
> camera plugged in and on:
> Camera Off:

Are you rebooting between these tests?

> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

> /dev/sda1               /mnt/camera             auto  noauto,owner,kudzu
> 0 0
> /dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
> noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

Kudzu cna modify /etc/fstab. If you edit fstab and remove
the word kudzu for an entry, kudzu won't touch it again.

	-Thomas