Sony USB Camera Access Problem

My issue is that when I plug my camera in it appears to conflict with my
cdrom.  My cdrom is a Hitachi DVD/CDRW IDE device but uses a scsi driver
I believe.  Anyway when I plug my camera in, I get the automount to work
with /dev/sda1  /mnt/camera auto  noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0  appearing in
my fstab. But I cannot actually access the camera, also if I power off
the camera then my cdrom entry disappears, then powering camera back on
causes the return of my cdrom mount statement.  But then I cannot access
the cdrom. I am guessing that I need to assign my camera to sda2 or
something of that nature but I do not know how to do this.  Any insight
is greatly appreciated. Below is a listing of my fstab without the
camera plugged in and on:
Camera Off:
[beerme@localhost beerme]$ cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults
1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

Camera On:
[...]

Thanks in advance:
Sincerely Phil Lambert