Re: Recommended Configuration for PCMCIA Wireless Cards?

Rob Thorne wrote:
> I'm assuming it's a script problem, since I have established that
> entering the iwconfig eth1 key 's:xxxxx' format works fine.   I'm trying
> to trace through RedHat's munged versions of the Wireless Tools scripts,
> but still have not emerged from that rabbit hole.

Looking at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-wireless

if [ -n "$KEY" ] ; then
     iwconfig $DEVICE key $KEY
else
     iwconfig $DEVICE key off
fi

How is $KEY defined in the cfg file, ifcfg-eth1 I guess.

KEY=s:xxxx or KEY='s:xxxx'?

You might kusy need to add the quotes, in
ifup-wireless since it should be safe for
other keys.

iwconfig $DEVICE key "$KEY"

	-Thomas