Re: Recommended Configuration for PCMCIA Wireless Cards?

Pretty much all of the combinations I've tried already.

It almost looks as if something is clearing the KEY (and possibly also
the NAME) variables before it gets to that point in the script.

I haven't had time to debug the RH scripts, and may just put in my own.
 It's annoying, since in addition to what happens already, I'd need to call:

iwconfig eth1 key 's:MyKey'
ifconfig eth1 IPADDR netmask 255.255.255
route add default gw WIRELESS_GATEWAY

This is a mess, not the least of which because I still haven't figured
out how to get DHCP to kick in.  I don't really want a static IP, and
the unmunged PCMCIA-CS scripts do the right thing.  It's RedHat's
version of these scripts that isn't working for me.

If RedHat would just document what they're munging, it would be a lot
simpler.

Any Redhat people know if this is documented anywhere?

:-)

--Rob

--
Rob Thorne