Re: metacity window resize [OT rant]

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:37:34AM -0500, Ted Clark wrote:
> So, if something is a major usability problem for a small number of
> users, is then a minor usability problem overall?  Are experienced users
> more or less important than "new converts" migrating over from Windows?
>     Do you want a bunch of us to become "Use Debian!" fanboys? ;-)
>
> There are only two solutions to this that I see:
>
> 1. Have defaults in metacity that work well for most users, and
> configuration options for the rest of us.  Really obscure and hard to
> configure options for all I care, just as long as the end result is a
> sharp knife and not a rubber mallot.

I would like this solution.  Have the common features in the config apps and the
less common "power user" (I hate that term) features available through gconf.
I've found the gconf editor to be user friendly, at least to me.  Easy to find
the config options for an app, documentation right there w/ the options.

This wouldn't really help the issue of the complexity that each new option adds
to writing the app, but is better from the user perspective of at least having
the features they want.

jason

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein