Re: metacity window resize

"Gene C." <czarcing@cox.net> writes:
> In some ways I like having alt-mouseclick to grab and move a window that has
> managed to get mostly offscreen.  This functionality is needed.

Note that metacity will not allow the window titlebar off the screen
for exactly this reason.

(To answer Miloslav's question, the top is different because the
restriction on motion is on the titlebar, not the whole window.)

We can't rely on Alt+click to solve the offscreen-window problem
because Alt+click is a hidden feature most users won't find.

If you're noticing a recurring theme: unless most users will find a
solution, it isn't a solution. ;-)

> Havoc, have
> you come up with an alternative that would be "tolerable"?  How about
> ctl-alt-mouseclick?

We could just do windowskey+mouseclick and say if you don't have a
windows key, you lose, perhaps.

Havoc