Re: metacity window resize

Rene Rask <rene@grain.dk> writes:

> When you say "window navigation shortcuts" do you mean stuff like
> alt+mouse1 that moves the window?

You're stuck on Alt+mouse specifically. My point is a general one. I'm
not saying anything about Alt+mouse specifically.

There are many other needed shortcuts, such as Alt+Tab, Alt+F4, etc.,
and apps could also try to use those.

> These particular shortcuts that are only found on linux (xfree?) systems
> are not making any sense to me. To me they go into the category: "edit
> your shortcuts to enable". The functionality is already there.
> Is there any particular reason why alt-f2 doesn't move me to workspace 2
> anymore (as with sawfish).

These two quotes are really funny in combination. ;-)

The reason Alt+F2 doesn't do the move-workspace is because that was a
very Linux-only shortcut, and on all other systems Alt+functionkeys
are for a bunch of window operations. e.g. Alt+F4 to close.

So basically Alt+F2 is gone for the reason you say Alt+mouseclick
should be gone...

Havoc