Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

Excellent point!

My earlier point, Brett, was that I don't think RH has ever been *that*
interested in the desktop. Corp. desktop, maybe, but not end users. They've
made statements close to this before, just never so blatent. I love RH. I BUY
RH. I've been hoping they would take even more interest in the desktop but
they have been moving away from it for quite some time. My point is, they
aren't simply conceding that THEY have work to do, they are rather repeating
their concession that they don't want to compete in the larger market of the
end user. Something they've been hinting to for years. So there's no noble
statement of "we honestly have tried, but must admit we have more work to
do."  It's more like "you know what, we've been slowly focusing on the
enterprise and frankly there's just too much work to do in the end user
market. Besides, Windows has that locked up for awhile." What sucks is, RH
will benefit from the community at large bringing Linux further into the end
user market. They will pick up that work and move back when that happens. In
the meantime, they will simply wait and see, rather than lead.  Maybe they
are doing this to survive, but don't expect us to think them noble for it.

<<JAV>>