Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:33:31PM -0400, Joe Polk wrote:
> This was an idiotic thing to say. RH doesn't have any desktop aspirations, so

Actually,  they do.  They already have RHEL WS and Pro Workstation, and
I know that there are other "aspirations" that they haven't completely
shared with the rest of us.

> I'm not debating whether what they said was true, but rather whether it was
> the right thing to say.

I think we all agree we didn't like the statement.  Some didn't like
because of the ammunition it gives Microsoft.  Others didn't like
because the truth hurts.  Still others didn't like because it didn't lay
out the "aspirations" at the same time.  Some people figured that
because Linux works in some applications, it's suitable for everybody
else.  I won't get into the argument as to whether or not Linux is ready
for the masses on the desktop because it's too easy for me to win this
one :-)

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx