Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

Again, I mean "end user aspirations." RH has conceded the home user market,
period. If they truly had such aspirations, they wouldn't have said it,
period. Otherwise, they've just done the equivalent of showing blood to the
sharks. I'm not upset because the truth hurts. I'll concede they have a
point. For this to come from a Linux company is rediculous and frankly
disappointing. I've always been a RH fan. I run RH exclusively, so I can
speak from the standpoint of a RH user. I don't, however, truly believe it
was just poor judgment. I think it was a strategic move of some sort. I think
it shows RH moving from a company that supports Linux to a company that
supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux (and I don't mean that superficially).
Basically, they've willfully isolated themselves in this move. Maybe it's a
call to the community to make the strides and "win" them back. Or maybe it's
a way of keep heat off of them from M$ and industry pundits who support the
WinTel world. Either way, it was sign of something. You may very well think
they did what they had to, and to a certain extent I'd agree. But I feel
there is something more deliberate here.

<<JAV>>