Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:32:57PM -0600, Bret Hughes wrote:
> How can you say that?  Did I miss a memo? Have you been sitting in the
> strategy planning meetings with Young et. al.? (and so on...)

Easy, now.  I think the meaning is that, even if RedHat doesn't
intend/want to compete in this segment, handing Microsoft a weapon like
this isn't in anyone's best interests; it'd have been better to say
nothing at all.  You *know* Microsoft will take parts of the statement
out of context and will trumpet this to the heavens.

> Most people will never even know that the comment was made and therefore
> will not decide one way or another based on it.

Oh, I think Microsoft will make da*n certain that most people see some form
of this comment...

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat