Re: On mdadm 3.2 and bad-block-log

On 07/17/12 03:49, NeilBrown wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:56:27 +0200 Asdo<asdo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Yes, there is a degree to which your data is at risk. This is always the case with new code. If you upgrade to new -stable kernels as they become available, that should minimise your risk as any fix that could risk data or stability is backported to these -stable kernels.

I am on kernel 3.4, that's "stable", right?

I don't know of any particularly serious bugs that have been found - they
mostly are triggered by unusual conditions.  However unusual conditions do
happen.

Thank you for using and testing the code.  Has md found and recorded any bad
blocks for you, or are your bad-block logs still empty?

Still empty for now
They are filled only on read error + failed block rewrite, right? That will take a long time to happen...

Thanks for your work