Re: On mdadm 3.2 and bad-block-log

Right, that's the reason of my question.
Neil wrote "I probably don't want to rush it out" so that would mean that the buggy code is not "out" yet. So that would point to mdadm-3.3 because the bad block code of the kernel is already "out". However as you say the bad block code in mdadm-3.3 is very simple so it's strange that it could be buggy.

Now thinking at myself: if there were bugs in the mdadm-3.3 I probably have dodged them because I was able to create the array. However if there are known bugs in the kernel code our data is still at risk so i'd rather ask. FWIW I am not using mdadm-3.3 as monitoring daemon: the daemon is mdadm-3.2 , I don't know if this "helps".

Thank you
A.