Re: No audio output; same setup worked before [RESOLVED]

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 04:41:49PM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Ah! There is no sound.wav here in any partition or directory. I was using
> vokoscreenNG to record sound while the webcam captured me speaking. When I
> played the video with vlc there was no sound. But, ffprobe showed the output
> file had both video and audio streams.
>
> Have you a suggestion how I can ensure my videos also produce audio output
> when played and I've specified a .mp4 output for the recording?

I'm not familiar with vokoscreenNG, but from a quick look at its github
page, it seems like it has native pulseaudio support. I would suggest
going through its settings and verifying that the correct audio input
device is selected before starting a recording. You can also verify that
it is indeed respecting your source selection by checking the
"Recording" tab of pavucontrol during a recording session.

--Sean