Re: No audio output; same setup worked before

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021, Sean Greenslade wrote:

I would suggest using the "parecord" and "paplay" utilities, which are
meant to directly interact with Pulse.

Sean,

After reading the pacat man page, and checking that pavucontrol shows the
AT2500 as the input device and the external speakers [HD Audio Generic
Analog Stereo; Port is line out (plugged in)] I spoke to the mic and watched
the 'Recording' tab VU meter change as I spoke. I used 'papac -r
<filename>.flac' for the recording. I didn't try 'parecord ...'.

Then I switched to the pavucontrol 'Playback' tab showing Applications. When
I ran 'papac -p <filename>.flac' that tab showed the application but there
was no VU meter response.

Running 'paplayer <filename>.flac' the file couldn't be opened.

I must still be missing something and I'm not seeing it.

Regards,

Rich