Re: Re: php framework vs just php?

Tony Marston wrote:
I agree that finding the right framework to use can be very difficult, which is why a lot of programmers (like me) prefer to roll their own. But if you can find an off-the-shelf framework that does the job it can save you an awful amount of time.

I agree with Tony.

I think I have written many of my own 'frameworks' over the years, one mistake I made was never adding on to an existing one as I always thought I could do better 2nd ,3rd or Nth time around.

I have recently had some exposure to the Zend Framework and I must say that I do like it :) , In particular I find the Zend_Form component very useful. Generating, validating and then inserting/updating data is super easy. This weekend I started a new project and started hand coding a login form, then though wth am I doing, a few lines of code and Zend_Form had my login form up and running.

Im not saying that a custom framework is the right way, just that I would choose one thats considered a loosely coupled framework So you can choose what parts you want to use or not use, this is why I like the ZF, it allows me to choose my own toilet paper to wipe my ass with or even if I should give it a wipe .... not that I wouldn't.

Clive