Re: Re: php framework vs just php?

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Tony Marston <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> You haven't answered the question. Where can this piece of wizardry be
> downloaded so that it can be reviewed by your peers?

I didn't originally want to get in the middle of a fist fight, but I've been
reading this all day, and I really have to ask...

What in the world is wrong with you?  Did you get picked on by the kids in
the science club always saying their framework was better than yours?

You seem to be arguing that your framework is the only one that anyone
should use, and is capable of getting the job done.  You based this claim on
a senseless argument that you can build a table and generate some page to
handle it in under 5 minutes.  Who cares?  Do you know what a framework
really is?  Is it solely a means by which to build an application in as
little time as possible?

Many on the list are saying "We wrote our own, we don't like or want to
use the ones out there."  Think about the reasons...  We have applications
we build internally that either (1) the frameworks can't get done, or (2)
the frameworks are way overkill.  You are essentially arguing the same point
that everyone else is.  You've just isolated it to Radicore.  Do you even
realize that?

--
-Dan Joseph

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."