Re: Re: Why MS Won't Retire Browsers -- was: Interntet Explorer 8 beater 2

Robert Cummings wrote:

>Sorry, can't help you. I haven't had to create an ERD since school.
>Thinking back I usually visualize the structure and just hammer out the
>tables with my favourite editor and tweak as necessary within the early
>development stages.

Thanks for the reply. Sure, I could do likewise (and often have, for
small stuff) but I find that a good ERD helps explain a data model so
much more quickly than looking at the tables, especially when coming
back to something after a long break from it.

I guess I'll stick with Visio for now, and await the forthcoming MySQL
Workbench (and hope it's better than its earlier incarnation).

>Probably easier to have a PHP script generate the
>ERD from the table structure *lol*.

Well, yes, there is that... :P
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water;