RE: Re: Why MS Won't Retire Browsers -- was: Interntet Explorer 8 beater 2

<tirade>

Okay... here it goes. I'm sick and tired of people talking trash on Windows Vista. It came pre-installed on my laptop (Home Premium... not Business Pro, sadly) and I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. Some of my WinXP programs don't show up in the start menu when they're installed... but it's not Microsoft's fault that software companies haven't taken the initiative to adapt to the new Vista framework (which, let's be honest, can't require all that much effort in most cases where base-level operating system stuff isn't involved in the actual program).

Annoyed with the UAC that asks you to confirm every administrative decision you make on your computer? Quit being a weenie and just automate it with RegEdit (or, if you're using Business, there is an explicit option for it in the Control Panel).

Annoyed with all the bells and whistles in the Aero theme that is installed by default? Don't use it! I remember the first time I installed a Linux distro that came pre-bundled with KDE... I took the time to remove all the fading, transparency, window animations, bouncing cursors, etc. (actually, I just switched to XFCE instead). I don't see the difference. If you want to get high and mighty with a retort about rolling your own Linux distribution--well, you've just sailed far beyond ANY pre-packaged OS (Mac, Windows, Linux, or otherwise) and the point is moot.

Find a new scapegoat to complain about, PLEASE. Bitch about WebKit's lack of XMLDOM instantiation. Bitch about Google launching pay-for-play high resolution satellite imagery. Bitch about the Xandros EEE being squashed by Intel. Bitch about Facebook's API and their draconic limitations on markup language and Javascript... but this "Vista sucks and I won't comment as to why" broken record has run its course.

</tirade>

Have a lovely day!

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer