Why MS Won't Retire Browsers -- was: Interntet Explorer 8 beater 2

The problem is that if you're running on older hardware, IE7 might be
too CPU intensive to run correctly.  That's why MS won't set Sunset
Dates for an old browser.  They instead set the Sunset Dates for the OS
and that's how they make things out of date.  They say upgrade the OS.
Matter of philosophy.  The problem is that the new OS won't run on the
old hardware and costs lots of money so people don't upgrade.  Remember,
MS is for profit.  If you can just upgrade your browser, they don't make
any money.  If you upgrade your OS, they do.

Thank you,
Micah Gersten
onShore Networks
Internal Developer