Re: Strategy when working with designer(s)?

The 'Leader' should be an IT Architect who understands both:

In a dream world we can pay such a character, what I've seen so far is
we "invent" one out of the guy that knows most: the programmer.
(Instant promotion, same salary)

From my experience, the project manager would ask the programmer if
this and that are possible, and ask for a time estimate.

> Simon says "1) Designer does his whole job and shows the design when finished and
> approved"

Well in a dream world that would be nice but I've never seen it happen
in more than 20 years in the industry ...

Usually, the designer works with the programmer in advance, but the
programmer works as a counsellor.  The programmer is there to ensure
the scope of the project won't go too far.  But basically the only
"real" work done is by the designer.
As I said, it's a good thing the programmer gets prepared too in the
meantime, makes the login prompts, change password, etc...

BUT, I would Never code any client-side until the design is finished.

Simon