Re: Strategy when working with designer(s)?

On Monday 23 July 2007, Simon wrote:

> I recommend:
>  1) Designer does his whole job and shows the design when finished and
> approved 2) Integrator works on making the pages and html without func.
>  3) Programmer makes the whole thing work.
> This gives the best feeling to all people involved.
>
> All IMO!
>
> Simon

That's our usual routine, too, except that the designer is outsourced and then
we have our "Developer" (HTML/CSS guru) and "Programmer" (PHP/Javascript
guru) both function as integrators of sorts.

However, always make sure that the programmer is there and involved from day
0.  The designers we work with frequently need to be told "that 3 second
feature you just suggested just added 300 hours to the project and destroyed
508 compliance", usually multiple times.  That *must* happen before the
client sees it, or you're screwed.  It's never too early to get the
programmer involved in the project, even if no coding happens until far
later.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		ICQ: 6817012