Re: Strategy when working with designer(s)?

On 24/07/07, Simon <simon.xhz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have always seen the programmer as the Leader* of the production of
the project.  He is the one to give the final word on what is Possible
or not, and that is precisely what cause most problems (also known as
scope of the project).

The 'Leader' should be an IT Architect who understands both:

a) what is feasible with the technology and
b) the business problem that is being solved.

His job is to build a design that the various 'workers' (Web Design /
Scripting / DB etc) can then implement within the agreed budget and
timescales.

Simon says "1) Designer does his whole job and shows the design when finished and
approved"

Well in a dream world that would be nice but I've never seen it happen
in more than 20 years in the industry ...

Alan