Re: WWE in Stamford, CT needs a kick ass PHP Developer!

On Sat, April 14, 2007 9:35 am, tedd wrote:
> For example, we all use pint_r() to show us what values our variables
> hold -- it helps in debugging. The same goes for css, try using the
> rule "border: 1px solid red;" the next time you're wondering about
> why something isn't placed where you want it. Once you see where/how
> everything fits together, it's simple to fix it.

I do "border: 1px solid red;" all the time.

Often, it tells me what to type in CSS to make my div be somewhere
else from where it is.

But it RARELY actually makes any sense at all to me why I had to type
what I had to type in CSS -- I just tweak the damn thing into place in
the way that seems to work and move on with life.

Reminds me of Hypercard, sort of...

I read all the docs, and yet it still doesn't really make sense why
one syntax does NOT do what I expect, and another that seems to me
like it should do something else entirely is what actually "works" in
practice.

Very very frustrating, and does not give me any confidence in CSS as
something I'll want to use long-term, even if MS ever plays nicely
enough to make the CSS zealots happy.

I love the ideals espoused by CSS -- The actual implementation of the
syntax and what I end up seeing the browser based on what I type and
the pain I have to go through to get things to be "where" I want them
to be, however, leaves a great deal to be desired.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?